- Our extensive bidding experience, combined with our unique valuation model, means Alpha Financials can quickly produce high-quality business valuations, followed by an even quicker processing of scenarios and changes.
- Faster and higher-quality financial and commercial analyses will undoubtedly save you money and increase the competitiveness of your bid.
Achieving the right balance between an offer that the seller finds acceptable whilst delivering a good return for the buyer is rarely easy. Nonetheless, our experience and specialist valuation model brings clarity and transparency to the process, increasing the chances of success.
- If you don’t get it right the first time, a second visit will only be that much harder.
- When providing loans, banks take comfort from – and sometimes even insist on – the presence of an experienced finance professional.
- Having extensive banking experience, we already know what banks want.
- A credible business plan
- A credible and detailed cash flow forecast
- An understanding of the current value of key balance sheet items
- How they will get their return on investment
Although every situation is different, there are certain areas we focus on from the outset:
- Is your financial system appropriate, or might it be better replaced by a cloud-based, 24/7 accounting package?
- Is data correctly and appropriately entered into the accounting system?
- Do you have a good understanding of upcoming cash flows and any attendant financing needs?
- Are you receiving regular and meaningful financial reports on current performance, and can they be easily produced?
Subsequent to this initial phase, the emphasis switches to:
- Automating reporting and reducing the effort required to produce the report.
- Improving the quality of decision making and ensuring continuous improvements from the management team by integrating finance with operations.
Valuations require a special skill set rarely used by accountants.
Accountants tend to offer very simplistic, earnings-based valuations that are easy to compute but often undervalue the business. Even as a potential buyer, this will generally not be helpful as it can often render your bid uncompetitive.
Based on our experience, we’re confident that when we start providing you with timely, relevant and high-quality financial information, you will immediately see your business in a different light. This in turn will help you make better decisions and focus your attention on the things that improve financial performance.
Don’t just take our word – speak to one of our existing clients.
Alpha Financials offers a unique combination of finance and environmental skills – when we talk to financiers, they don’t see us as finance specialists in need of an environmental education.
Most cleantech companies spend too much effort on the technology and too little on the finance. We help redress this balance in order to secure the financing.
Even the highest bid might be below fair value, but you won’t know if you don’t have an independent business valuation. It could be that you’re selling at the wrong time or that you simply haven’t found the right buyer.
When professionally prepared, an independent business valuation can help you present your case to prospective purchasers in the best possible light, thus securing a higher price than would otherwise be the case.